Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Fabric Drawing

1. I feel like my piece shows a variety of values with bright highlights and using the paper's color as my darkest dark. The middle section could use more variety in it's range if values, but the two end folds, I believe, show 9 values.
2. Practicing drawing the fabric several times before using several different materials and colored backgrounds allowed for me to study the fabrics texture carefully and figure out how I had to go about capturing it's shadows and highlights. I specifically liked using the white charcoal pencil which is why I used it for my final.
3. For transitions from light to dark, I had to press extremely hard to show a bright highlight and slowly release pressure as I created shadows throughout the folds. I then used my finger to blend the charcoal to give the piece a smoother and softer look.
4. My interpretation of texture is what allows me to capture it in my owl style. Because I wanted less sketchy lines and smooth transitions I worked to create a soft piece by blending and fading my transitions. 
6. If I could recreate this piece I would work to add more detail to the middle section and make sure to add more of my 9 values to that particular section aswell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment