Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Progression Of A chocolate Bar

1) Value is extremely important in any real-life drawing because that is what gives your piece value and depth which makes it more realistic. 
2) Since I did not finish this all at one time, each time I retrieved my chocolate bar it looked different having new creases and shadows. I tried to draw the outlines if everything for each panel the first day so that I wouldn't have to deal with new highlights and darks.
3) It was very important to me to have clean, crisp edges for my wrapper because the wrapper in real life had very defined edges and I wante d my drawing to look as much like the real thing as I could make it.
4) My interpretation of texture, a smooth bar and a crinkled wrapper, guided how I went about drawing my piece. I worked to create smooth, albeit not always very successfully, transitions in value in the bar itself and quick, defined transitions in the wrapper. Without the differentiation, it would be difficult to tell the two aspects of the piece apart 
5) If I could draw this differently, I would push the darks more, create more defined creases, and create ever smoother and more crinkled textures where they apply. I learned that you must use your values carefully to capture the 3 dimensional part of the piece and create smooth transitions to have a cohesive drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment