Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Still Life

1) The lines are very smooth and precise and for the most part-save the flower- the shading is done fairly well showing a great range of values. 
2) I believe, from what I presently have of course, that my shadows and shading are very accurate. I took great pains to try to be as precise as I could following the shadows cast in life. 
3) There is a clear source of lighting. This can be most presently seem on the sock monkey's leg where you can distinclty see that the light is coming from above. 
4) The compositional sketches were very important because they showed me that I was thinking too small and I needed to widen my perspective. However, this overwhelmed me a great deal and made the project a bit more stressful and time consuming than I had hoped.
5) My final drawing is not successful because I did not succeed in finishing. I do like how the proportions are as well as the shadows look.
6) I do believe the proportions are correct. That is what I focused on for a very long time. However, the leaves are not quite accurate both in size and position, so structurally it isn't quite correct, but the rest of it is sound.
7) Surprisingly, I do believe this piece's placement is very pleasing. There are a lot of different types of objects in it that span the entire page and create an interesting and unique perspective.
8) My center of interest was definitely the lantern. I think it was well located because it is at the forefront of the piece, it is the biggest, and it is on the left where our eyes tend to go to first since we read right to left.
9) I did not manage time well at all. I got caught up on making my proportions correct that I ran out of time to add in the rest of the details which I am greatly disappointed in.
I need to get something basic down quickly and work faster next time.
10) I struggled with the lunch box's proportions greatly. I had to keep looking at the real life set and redrawing it on my page until it was satisfactory. 
11) I have learned that in drawing a still life, proportions and shadows are extremely important in creating a life-like piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment