Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Clap-Self portrait

          The idea behind this piece is that when I was little, my mom would joke with me saying that I should clap when I change subjects because I would leave her confused as to how I got from one thing to another. So, I decided it was time to explain how my crazy mind works. I tried to connect different streams of thought and show jumps from one subject to another and somewhat how they relate to eachother. The values in the darks or shadows could have been pushed further to create a more realistic image. I used purples and a bit of brown to create the shadows in the piece. For the thought bubbles, I tried to use a background color that went along with the theme of that particular bubble and wrote as well as drew images that coincided with said theme. The bubbles not only portray happy, hopeful thoughts but mh negative thoughts as well which is more accurate to how I think. I wanted people to notice that negative thoughts-drawn in a dark gray and black in some places- creep their way into even the most happy of thought streams. Life isn't all rainbows and candycorn after all. I am happy in that I feel the piece does look like me to some extent and that the bubbles are interesting. This piece is original because it portrays my own thoughts and feelings connected to a picture of me. I have never seen something like this before, although I'm sure it has been done somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment