Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Opacity- Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans

1. My project is very neat. I took time to draw each individual bean and add in highlights and shadows to give it a more realistic shape.
2. My background is more jellybeans but because of the angle of the picture, each subsequent jar of beans is smaller the farther back you go. Also, I filled in the spaces between the beans with a darker shade of the same color to represent the other beans that are behind the bean that are at the edge of the container.
3. I used pretty much the same colors for the beans as I saw in the picture; however, I used lighter shades of a color to create highlight and darker shades of that color to create the background and the idea of a greater amount of beans behind the ones that are most present in the piece.
4. I created contrast in my piece by making my highlights really bright and creating a dark background to make the beans stand out.
5. I used lighter shades of the same color, although in some cases if the color was already really light I used white, for the highlight on the outside of the beans and I used a darker shade of the same color for the background directly behind the beans to create the illusion that there are more beans than just the main ones you first see against the container. I created each bean in a round shape and tried to color it smoothly to create the seamless surface jellybeans often have.
6. I chose to have the background color corelate with the color of the beans at the forefront of the image to create the idea that there were more bean behind the ones that received the light.
7. To successfully create this piece, to give the proper texture and shape to the beans, I had to understand how to blend and push the prismas to get the colors I wanted.
8. I had difficulty with creating the proportions of the beans so they look correct as the piece goes further back. I didn't want it too look too drastic. If I could do this again, I think I would have pushed the highlights of the plastic more and made each color brighter and clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment